SERVICES WE PROVIDE
PARENTS OF STUDENTS IN SPECIAL EDUCATION (P.O.S.S.E, Inc.) provides individual advocacy and representation to children with learning disabilities.
P.O.S.S.E. provides advocacy assistance to parents and families of children who may be suspected of having a learning disability and are in need of special education services or a 504 Accommodation Plan.
P.O.S.S.E. also offers independent consulting with legal professionals, doctors and agencies, as needed for the child’s individual needs and provides other services to parents and families of children with special needs.
Some of the services offered by P.O.S.S.E are:
Advocacy Services for Parents, Caregivers, or other Holders of Education Rights
- Individual Child Timeline Preparation of Entire School Records/History for Parent and Advocate in Preparation of IEP Meetings
- Provide Parent Education together with Parent Working Notebook
- Attendance at IEP Team & 504 Plan Meetings
- Assistance with the Development of IEPs and 504 Plans
- Assistance with Letter Correspondence and Telephone Communication
- Assistance with Preparation of Evaluation Plans and or Assessment Plans
- School Site Visits for Appropriate Placements
- Classroom Observations
- Assistance with Resolving Disputes with School District, or other Agency Providing Services
- IEP Team Meeting Preparation with Parents
- Provide Relevant Resources and Referrals